Immune Disorder Program
In cases of immune system overactivity, the body attacks and damages its own tissues (autoimmune diseases). Immune deficiency diseases decrease the body’s ability to fight invaders, causing vulnerability to infections.
Symptoms of Immune Disorders
Autoimmune disease symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Destruction of one/more types of body tissues or organs
- Abnormal organ growth
- Changes in how an organ/s function. Autoimmune disease usually affects tissues and organs such as connective tissues, blood vessels, muscles, joints, red blood cells, the skin and endocrine glands (pancreas or thyroid).
Treatment for Immune Disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy