Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune conditions where the body’s immune system attacks its own healthy tissues. When these antibodies attack healthy tissues, they are called auto-antibodies. With autoimmune skin conditions, auto-antibodies attack skin cells or collagen tissues.
Symptoms typically include patches of abnormal skin. The affected skin is typically red, scaly and very itchy and vary in size and severity.
There are five main types of psoriasis:
- Plaque psoriasis causes thick red patches of skin.
- Pustular psoriasis causes pustules surrounded by red skin.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis causes patches of skin that look like severe burns covering large portions of the body.
- Inverse psoriasis causes a shiny red rash in the folds of the skin.
- Guttate psoriasis causes small red spots on the scalp, face, torso and limbs.
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that usually affects the face. People may mistake rosacea for acne, eczema or an allergic skin reaction. The main symptoms of rosacea are facial flushing, irritated skin and pimples. Other symptoms include blushing easily and eye problems.
There are four subtypes that cause other symptoms as well:
- Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea causes the typical redness, visible blood vessels and flushing.
- Ocular rosacea can cause red and irritated eyes, swollen eyelids and symptoms that look like stye.
- Papulopustular rosacea causes redness, swelling and is accompanied by breakouts that look like acne.
- Phymatous rosacea causes the skin to thicken and have a bumpy texture.
Lupus is an autoimmune disorder that varies from person to person. The disease attacks the immune system, causing inflammation and pain.
While lupus can affect any part of the body, symptoms on the skin include red patches or ring shapes on the skin, sunburn-like rashes on the nose and cheeks or circular rashes that don’t itch or hurt. These may be accompanied by other symptoms such as headaches, fever, fatigue and swollen, stiff or painful joints.
How we treat?
We offer a regenerative approach to Skin Disorder Treatment by assisting the body to ably modulate the immune system, reducing inflammation throughout the body and in turn, repair damaged skin.
We create a customized treatment package for each of our patients. However, each of our treatment packages include an individualized combination of the following core components.
Our approach has produced partial or significant improvement to all of our patients’ conditions in a relatively short period of time. Depending on the stage of each patient’s condition, our approach has produced results either almost immediately, or within the first few months following treatment.